Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Tuesday poem #565 : Iordanis Papadopoulos : get out is a verb about home

 

 

                               Mommy!!!... I love my New t!!!

I call it home
occas
it does turn round
don’t know for how long
I know what dimension means
call it leave it back
I know what direction means
on my way forth bell calls
causes my sudden growing
reminds me of all directions
this is geometry no this is geography no
on my way back I have a plan
I make sketches of all my forwardings
all my dimensions
on the ground I walk on all is flat; call it all planed
a dark ground flat no sooner do
I get in than it does turn up
occasionally I think of myself in
as dimensional
occasionally I think of myself out
as directional
as occas
trying to call
it ca
home
o here it is
where I am
an abbreviation to be
for open house
for zero for nothing o here it is
if only an answer in the affirmative
not only a continuous present
time (an auxiliary
hmmm) in
a run-away garden
staying still? waiting for? booming out?
(snapping oh here)

 

 

 

Iordanis Papadopoulos (b.1976) is the author of 3 books of poetry in Greek. His poetry can also be read in the poetry anthology Ποίηση με πείσμα (transl. from Dichtung mit Biss: Griechische Lyrik aus dem 21. Jahrhundert, Romiosini ed., 2018 and Antipodes ed., 2020), in the latest issue of –algia #4, in “Spontaneous series” by eohippus labs, in the anthologies “Kleine Tiere zum Schlachten. Neue Gedichte aus Griechenland” (ParasitenPresse, 2017) and Futures: Poetry of the Greek Crisis (Penned in the Margins ed., 2015). He was shortlisted in the Atlas Review 2016 chapbook series.

He is also a member of the live art group KangarooCourt

He lives in Athens, Greece.

the Tuesday poem is curated by rob mclennan

 


 

No comments: