Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Tuesday poem #357 : Emily Lu : SUPER EASY



Consider this my letter of resignation.
I have collapsed semi-prone into resting
orbitals of a runny yolk disposition
I never asked for. This
complete neglect in finding hard targets.
What else do you want
me to explain? Every meal I eat
alone is severance
is rice-hydrate, irreversible. Already
mid-month by the windowsill I remain non-fixed
hyperproductive still life overgrown. Can I
protest what            I see sprouted out from
sunstruck                        skin. I won’t dress-up
part-time.                          My next steps        
slow                                  brimming, brush
slack                              -jawed. I don’t
even                             have
to think
to get
this
right.






This poem first appeared in Sine Theta Mag


Emily Lu earned her B.Sc. at the University of Toronto and her M.D. at Queen’s University. Currently completing her postgraduate training in psychiatry, she lives in London, Ontario. Night Leaves Nothing New (Baseline Press) is her first chapbook.

The Tuesday poem is curated by rob mclennan

No comments: