Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Tuesday poem #492 : Sue J. Levon : Fire as a Family Business

 

 

 

 

Grandad’s company manufactured them classic claw-legged

Cast iron wood-burning fireplaces. Grandma was a first-rate
Arsonist; you might’ve read about her work in a history book.

She “allegedly” started two remarkably tragic infernos. Soleil

And Flint, the premie twins, were cremated. I was fired from

My last four jobs, and I am on my way to being fired from a

Fifth. Which is a good look in a family of fire aficionados, but

Not so much in the eyes of the government institutions that

Decide if you do or do not qualify for employment insurance.

I don’t take it personally, but I do take after my grandmother.

 

 

 

 

Sue J. Levon writes and resides in Tiohtià:ke/Montreal, Canada. Their work has appeared in Prairie Fire, The Malahat Review, and The Antigonish Review, among others.

the Tuesday poem is curated by rob mclennan

No comments: