Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Tuesday poem #516 : Tolu Oloruntoba : Beware of dog

 

 

And when my loneliness had grown ravenous, as in a ravine, as in a ravaging, a raven, a pet wolf made of carnassial teeth, I realized my danger. I wanted all who saw this to run from me; to run toward the damage of my arms.




Tolu Oloruntoba is now mostly tired, having been a physician, editor, and project manager, and lived in three countries. His literary work combines existential inquiry with historical and contemporary critique. His debut collection of poetry, The Junta of Happenstance, won the Governor General's Literary Award for poetry in English and the Canadian Griffin Poetry Prize. His second collection, Each One a Furnace, was published by McClelland & Stewart.

the Tuesday poem is curated by rob mclennan

No comments: