Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Tuesday poem #467 : Sue Bracken : Float

 

 

I float on the lake classifying clouds

I’ve always felt I should fly
but in my dreams I’m doing the breast stroke
slowly   laboriously

barely brushing tree tops

Earth bound   restrained
           I have skipped to my lou

           split-vaulted to a red ribbon
           cartwheeled in a perfect line

           grew up to jetté
on stage
           met a glorious man and soared
 

But I’m just a gravity girl
who wants to be a bird

Like a fish in water
float is my fly

 

 

 

Sue Bracken’s work has appeared in GUEST [a journal of guest editors], Hart House Review (forthcoming), The New Quarterly, WEIMAG, Another Dysfunctional Cancer Poem Anthology (Mansfield Press), The Totally Unknown Writer’s Festival 2015: Stories (Life Rattle Press) and other publications. Her first collection of poems When Centipedes Dream was published by Tightrope Books, 2018.  She lives in Toronto in a house ruled by artists and animals.

the Tuesday poem is curated by rob mclennan

No comments: