Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Tuesday poem #394 : Ginny Threefoot : me stop to prove it now make haste



My A’self     befall an education
pause for certainty     procure an alphabet

turn the wheel of syllables      
stand interrupted in the currency of crowd

I am     broken perfect
counted     and but dreamed here                              

I planetary     I swarm     I risk      
I guess territories     vast prairies      
         
My A’self     a bird except     a bird
except     adorned with questions      


                                         after Emily Dickinson



Ginny Threefoot received her MFA from the Iowa Writers’ Workshop. Her work has appeared in Caliban, Guest, Poet Lore, Tupelo Quarterly, and in collaboration with artist Anne Lindberg at Carrie Secrist Gallery in Chicago and Haw Contemporary in Kansas, City, MO. They are preparing another exhibition that will open at the Figge Art Museum in Davenport, IA, in January, 2022.

the Tuesday poem is curated by rob mclennan
 

No comments: