Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tuesday poem #267 : Callie Garnet : BELIEVE ME


I remember the day all
This whistle talk
became just solid dog


A regular morning, my own boogers

Under my feet
as I heat the milk


Look at photos of Hatchet Face
Kim McGuire, who died at sixty

Skeletal


She self-published
A book about Katrina,

her skin a shade of teeth


Hey do that ugly
Face again Kim.

Photos of people doing the face, drawings


Related to Hatchet Face
Why I don’t know, dart outside the lipliner

Smiling at a party, cartoon blood


Johnny Depp, it’s News
John Waters says Leslie Van Houton is well read, intelligent

It’s okay to remember feelings first, then thoughts


Then what happened: OSU student said I choose love

It won’t be easy. Tomorrow is a day of

Trepidation



Callie Garnett is the author of the chapbooks Hallelujah, I'm a Bum (Ugly Duckling Presse, 2015), and On Knowingness, new from The Song Cave. Her poems have appeared in Prelude, Company, jubilat, and elsewhere. She works as an Assistant Editor at Bloomsbury Publishing and lives in Brooklyn.

the Tuesday poem is curated by rob mclennan



No comments: